Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Learning Basketball at 33?!





Here's the other book I'm reading right now... Seems a little weird to be picking up a sport at 33, but why not? In my ward there are several women who are really good and a few of us who are better than average and then me who remembers only what I learned running around the gym in middle school wearing school issued short-shorts! We get together once a week and play 3 on 3 and generally have a blast. It beats the treadmill any day, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard on a treadmill the way I do playing basketball with these ladies AND it's great exercise. After a couple of weekly games though I started lamenting to Don that I wish I knew how to improve myself (you know, actually get the ball in on purpose rather by accident...) and 3 days later a book arrived in the mail, a gift from Don ( that's one of the great things about Don, he listens and acts). So in a future book review I'll let you know if you can improve in basketball by reading a book!

2 comments:

Wolfe's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wolfe's said...

Blogger Wolfe's said...

Just so you know. You have picked up basketball really fast. And most often, unless you're Michael Jordan or LeBron James, or Clint Wolfe, there is still that rush of excitement when the ball goes in! That quick feeling of, "Did it? IT DID!?!?"

You are truly brave to be picking up this sport. It's great for our old age and warding off Osteoporosis...assuming we don't break our bones by just playing.