Thursday, March 24, 2011

Curve Ball Number 2…

Yesterday was a surreal day…much like our shock when we found out we were pregnant after announcing to the world that we were content and complete with our 3 girls… Heavenly Father threw us another curve ball when we looked at the very obvious anatomy of our little boy in the ultrasound! Don and I had enough awareness to high-five each other behind the back of the Ultrasound-ist (is that even a word?) at the accomplishment of a seemingly impossible feat for us, and then we remained in quiet awe as a very real little boy spirit was introduced to us. He’s healthy and active, proving it with his constant movement and kicking, he waved to us and proudly displayed he was indeed a boy many times…or maybe the doctor, sensing our shock, felt the need to remind us frequently…

The next surreal experience occurred when we started using words in our home we have never used before to tell the girls about who would be joining them soon - “brother” “son” “boy” “he”.

We are pretty confident about the family name we have picked out for him and are already referring to him as Elias and Eli. The girls constantly talk to him and he seems to be MUCH on their minds! Anyway, that’s our news – we’re excited, shocked, and eager to meet our new addition in August…

Ultrasound Pic - Side View

Ultrasound Pic - Top View

6 comments:

Don said...

I am totally excited to find out who the father is.

Wolfe's said...

I'm wondering what Rachel's removed comment said. :)

Congratulations you two!!!

Becky Jones said...

Yeah, I knew it! The Olsen name will be passed on! Congratulations. I can't wait to meet him in August!

Rachel said...

Earlier I wrote, "Ha! Funny." to Don's on-going joke and thought it sounded too...something, so I erased it. I should have said something like, "I've been sleeping next to him everynight," or "He's a 200 lb., blue-eyed attorney who has a sometimes twisted sense of humor." Ah well, quick comebacks has never been my strengh...but, thank you for all the well wishes:)

Don said...

I'm glad I only look 200 lbs. through your eyes.

Liz said...

I'm super excited too! Can't wait, can't wait!