Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Holiday Catch-up…

Have you ever gotten behind in your journal writing and kept telling yourself you would sit down and do a catch-up session before moving on because too many wonderful/tragic/memorable things have happened to NOT write them down? But life keeps happening and memories kept piling up and you fell more and more behind? Most of my journals start and re-start with the words – “That’s it! I’m starting the journal writing again! A lot of great things happened (here I enter in three explanatory words of 30+ events and then say…) but I don’t want to not write about today too so I’m starting over – NOW!” Point? I’ve reached that point with my pictures for the blog – so I’m going to spew it all on there so I can get to today…tomorrow – someone tell me I’m making sense, please?

My sweet Bizzie and I had a lot of fun and time to do Holiday traditions together – she was instrumental in helping me get the gingerbread cookie men cut and baked to be decorated for Family Home Evening…

End of 2010 006

And she pressed designs into 40 little red circles for our gifts to neighbors and friends with the Cuttlebug – no complaints just an excited, “Mom, I got these done are there more?”

End of 2010 045

NUTCRACKER!!!!

End of 2010 011

Autumn and I went on our 2nd Annual Nutcracker Girls-Night-Out! This year we came prepared with layers of tights and pants under our dresses and still froze, but had a lot of fun eating at The Roof which overlooked the SLC Temple (gorgeous! the temple and my daughter!). Then we walked through Temple Square to “Bart” the horse that would take us to Capitol Theatre…

End of 2010 021

And of course the Nutcracker was wonderful! Don who arranged the reservations at the restaurant, the horse carriage ride, the front row tickets at the ballet as a Christmas gift to his girls was also serving as babysitter to Bizzie and Liberty who were anxiously waiting to turn 6 so they could join us too…

Thank you DAD!!!!

End of 2010 016

We ended the evening with Autumn taking pictures of Temple Square’s lights…End of 2010 030

And then popping into the Joseph Smith Building to defrost before trekking to our parking spot!

End of 2010 031

The Holidays meant school was out and with blizzards…

End of 2010 047

and below zero temperatures there were LOTS of opportunities to cozy up! These are my favorite pictures of the girls…

End of 2010 034 End of 2010 037

Christmas Eve is full of traditions for us. One of our favorites is taking candles to grandparents who have passed on, hearing Grandma and Poppa tell us stories of them and singing Christmas Carols to them…

End of 2010 051

End of 2010 054

And Finally New Year’s Eve!!! For several years we have gotten together with Melanie and Auri Burnham’s family for a kid’s New Year’s Eve party where we celebrate midnight at 9pm – much to the confusion of our neighbors but perfect for all those little kids! It’s great cuz if you need a little more time to get ready midnight can wait. This year Rhett, Heidi and Ashlynn Burnham joined us too! Here we are welcoming the New Year in…

End of 2010 073

End of 2010 070

End of 2010 071

End of 2010 072

And the countdown…

That catch’s us up so hopefully, the next post will be more current. I hope your days are as busy as mine and as full of joy and gratitude for the memories you’re making with your little ones.

1 comment:

Wolfe's said...

Ahhh, I love how you make your holidays so full of wonderful traditions.

I think I like the New Years at 9, that would ease some stress. My parents did that with us too.