Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh, fruit loved of “girlhood”! The old days recalling…

(This post is slightly embarrassing following the treadmill post…but – it is what it is…)

I love fall, love the smells, the holidays, the colors, the crispness – and with it comes pumpkins! I love the smell of baking pumpkins – like the smell of brand new pencils near the beginning of a school year, childhood memories come wafting  in with that delicious smell. So when I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens I HAD to try it right?! The scale wasn’t too pleased with the discovery but man, I was in heaven!!!

October 2011 007

One of my favorite things about cooking is the little helpers that come clamoring around my legs to “help.” My girls and I are dough lovers – we love the taste of batters and have a hard time getting things into the oven before it all disappears so I have longed had to have the rule that if you want to taste the batter you have to help make it. I now look forward to all three girls  trying to find ways to help. Autumn usually comes in sheepishly too late with a “So, mom…need help tasting that to see if it’s turned out alright?” Bizzie loves to crack the eggs – batter tends to come out a bit crunchier with her at the helm. And Liberty usually comes up with her big deer eyes and frank request “help you?” Here is her favorite version of “help you?”

October 2011 005

Love my girls… Love fall… love pumpkin flavors…

No comments: