Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Food For Thoughts…

Do you remember life before cell phones, texting and emailing? My life has actually expanded and improved because of the way it is utilized by my best friend.  Don is constantly looking for things to send me to brighten my day or to help me stay sane by giving me thoughts to ponder other than how to get industrial strength infant poo out of clothing and the fact that I’m insanely tired and just want to sleep and eat donuts…

Anyway… I just wanted to share my favorites with you:

clip_image001

  • “What if you woke up tomorrow with only those things for which you expressed gratitude today?”

clip_image001[6]

  •  "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life," Jobs said during a Stanford commencement ceremony in 2005.
    "Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important."
    "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
    -Steve Jobs

If you watch this video know that the baby buffalo will amazingly be just fine, BUT you have to watch it all the way to the end!

His greatest strength in our relationship is knowing how to make me laugh – like “bust a gut” make me laugh. And I get it’s his timing and the mood I’m in so if the following doesn’t do the same for you it’s ok. Sometimes I’ll be having a hard day and he seems to know so he’ll send me nonsense to take my mind off of me…

Or it is something completely out of the blue. I’ll text him the question “how are you?” and I get this picture in response …

It still makes me laugh –

My dear friend Crystal has that similar impeccable timing as Don and sent this series of pictures at a much needed time…

clip_image001[8]

clip_image001[10]

clip_image001[12]

clip_image001[14]

clip_image001[16]

clip_image001[20]

clip_image001[22]

clip_image001[24]

clip_image001[26]

clip_image001[28]

clip_image001[30]

clip_image001[32]

clip_image001[34]

clip_image001[36]

clip_image001[38]

Anyway, thought these images and thoughts might shake up your day and add a little “umph” to it – Do you have anymore to add to my growing stash?

2 comments:

Becky Jones said...

So fun to read! It was so good to see you and your beautiful family!

Sarah said...

Thanks Rachel. I laughed out loud several times and smiled big the rest of the time. Love you crazy lady!