Friday, April 1, 2011

Learning From Experience

Last Saturday we were down at the farm preparing Bizzie to show a lamb in the upcoming Benjamin Stock Show and when our work was done, Don took the girls for a drive on the 4-wheeler down to the lower pasture. I watched them drive off…

March 2011 043

Then about 40 minutes later they came back…along with an inch layering of mud…particularly on Autumn.

IMG_0304

She looked so forlorn and…muddy, I couldn’t help but burst into laughter! Between tears I’m looking at Don trying to get a read on what happened, I thought originally she had become the mud-flap of the 4-wheeler because she was hanging on to the back, but – as to be expected on an Olsen Excursion – there was a slight mishap:

Yep, stuck… I guess the weight of the fat dog and 4 people was enough to sink that little 4-wheeler in a lot of mud. So when Don told Autumn to hop off and lighten the load so he could have another go he thought she would stand to the side out of the way, instead she took 4 steps back directly behind the 4-wheeler and got the full blast of mud and spinning wheels…hmmm, I guess she won’t do that again….

Anyway, thankfully the 4-wheeler was equipped with a winch and once out of the first pit they still had one more obstacle to go:

Again, thanks to Don’s perseverance and supreme 4-wheeler skills they were out once again and finally ready to head back…

My reaction?

It wasn’t anything compared to the calm, but exasperated sigh from Poppa Olsen as he said, “I just cleaned that 4-wheeler….”

No comments: