Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stroll-a-thon

That last blog took a lot out of me, I have some catching up to do! Two weekends ago Ashylnn’s parents put together a very successful stroll-a-thon to create awareness for and raise funds for Rett’s Syndrome. They held it at a beautiful park in Orem where we strolled, got our faces painted and watched a fun animal show. Here are the pictures from the events…

While waiting for everyone to arrive we let the girls play…

More Sept 002

More Sept 007

Ready, Set, Stroll!

More Sept 021 More Sept 025 More Sept 024 More Sept 062 More Sept 068

The Stroll was a piece of cake for Bizzie! 

Face Painting…

More Sept 087

Bizzie becoming a tiger…for those of you who know my girls, imagination is a prominent part of their being…as far as Bizzie was concerned the minute the make-up went on she WAS a tiger. 

More Sept 089

Here’s Autumn becoming a leopard…

 More Sept 101 More Sept 102

And Animals… chinchillas, and hedgehogs and parrots – oh, my!

More Sept 090

I thought the whole thing was a success. The Utah families with girls who have Rett’s were able to congregate and offer support to one another, tremendous funds were raised, and everyone had a lot of fun! Bizzie asked me later, “Is Ashlynn going to stroll again next year?” So one last time here are some of the Utah Angels…

2 comments:

Becky Jones said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL EVENT! I wish our life wasn't so full that we could have gone.

Liz said...

How fabulous! Looked liked a beautiful day.
By the way, the face painter is really good. Thats some of the best I've ever seen.