Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Fun on the Olsen Farm

My camera cord was giving me problems so I upgraded to a card reader (all thanks to a wonderful husband who cares about what I care about and willingly provided the funds to make it happen:) ..so now I can post pictures again!!! There are a quite a few so I'm breaking it up into smaller posts so as not to overwhelm you!

Our Easter Tradition is to go down to the Olsen Farm the Saturday before Easter. We eat, hunt for eggs, "read" Grandma Olsen's Easter eggs (to bring the true meaning of Easter to the festivities she has written out the scriptures leading up to the Savior's resurrection and placed them in plastic eggs with symbols that the scripture represents - which we take turns reading), and crash. This year we ate subway sandwiches, Heidi's yummy deviled eggs, Kathleen's traditional potato salad, and I made the Summer Berry Delight. In my next post I'll add the crashing part of our Easter...
Lions, and tigers and bunnies - oh, my!

You talking to me?!


I thought this was such a dainty way to find eggs.


Aunt Heidi, Ashylnn and Uncle Rhett.

Poppa dancing with Liberty!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Being able to take your kids to the farm whenever they want out at Grandparents place is so you. Its such a Rachel thing to do. Its nice giving our kids something permanent in life. There is comfort in that. It looks like a fun Easter.

Rachel said...

I am so glad to hear from you! I can't wait to hear about Hawaii!!!