Monday, December 13, 2010

This is for Don because I know he is bored with reading my current posts over and over and over….

What’s your family’s “thing”? Eat popcorn and watch a movie together Friday night, make waffles every Saturday mornings,  … you know – the thing you have subconsciously done as a family for as long as you can remember but don’t know how it really started?

Judging from the number of posts dedicated to our particular “thing” I think it is safe to say that the Olsen Family “thing” is – we go on long drives and then get out and explore. It is actually really fun! But I didn’t realize how much we did this until I began blogging and realized the majority of our pictures are of us on some hike in the middle of nowhere. So… my point? There isn’t really one, I just needed some form of an explanation for yet another post dedicated to us – in the middle of nowhere – exploring…

This was our adventure to “The Old Grainery” that Don and I hadn’t been back to since I was pregnant with Autumn and the cops made us come down and fill out a report on why we were spray painting old graffiti of the “F'” word to say Buick … it’s a long story, I’ll go into that much later…maybe.

There’s no trail to the top so picture Don and I pushing and dragging three little children up some steep rocky cliffs, to obtain the grainery full of litter and graffiti but a gorgeous view and you may begin to understand our fascination…or not. Here are the pictures to help you visualize.

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 395

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 396

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 397

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 399

On the same trip we stopped by the tucked away Paul Bunyan’s Wood pile and let the girls be the leaders in navigating us around the ranging cattle’s “piles.” Ah, yes…good ol’ wholesome family recreation…

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 381

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 385

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 390

Oct. - Nov. and some summer 2010 392 

Though we apologize for the many similar postings, we gotta post about the things we do, and this is it…we are willing to spice it up by taking requests of where you would like to see us go (in Utah) and will do our best to get some crazy shots of the place for you…let us know. Until then…

1 comment:

Wolfe's said...

I like Paul Bunyon's woodpile!!

I'll make a request, next time you take a trip in Utah, it should have some Wolfe's in it. :)

I like your family's "thing" now I wonder what ours is?