Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family Home Evening in the mountains....

One of the great things about Utah County is that you are never more than 20 minutes away from the mountains. After a quick dinner Don and I decided we wanted to get out of the house for Family Home Evening. So we got into the van, chose Payson Canyon and headed for Maple Bench. It has a small lake (you can walk around the perimeter in 15 minutes), with lots of trails and snails to explore. And if you get there when the sun is going down you can watch the smooth lake burst into motion as the fish jump up to catch their evening dinner.

We often get the comment that Liberty is the female image of Don, I don't see it... Daaaddd! That's MY job!!!Bizzie was very "Vogue" on this trip...
The look of summer...
Discovering the Joys of Murky Waters!
Keeping my skirt dry...
Looking for snails.

I love this picture! I can feel the squishyiness of lake water in my shoes just looking at it.Getting (or trying) a picture of the girls...
Don took this and said, "All I see is a lot of legs in this picture."
"Dad! Take a picture of me on this rock!!" Vogue.
Liberty's got a real knack for blowing out candles, here she is applying her talent to her first dandelion...
And here's Big Sister Bizzie showing her how...

No comments: