Monday, December 10, 2012

Presents for Jesus.

A couple of years ago we started the tradition of doing Christ-like things everyday for Jesus that we had pre-written down on slips of paper, when we complete the day if did a good job we put the paper in a star box that on Christmas Eve we put under the tree for Jesus. It’s been  a good way to focus more on others and the Savior as the Christmas season rolls along.

Today I enjoyed spending the morning helping Liberty complete her gift that day.

184

As it snowed outside we cozied up with paper, glue and scissors to write a thank you note to Liberty’s wonderful Nursery Leader, Sister Price. She worked hard mastering cutting and gluing and slowly a snowman thank you card emerged from her hard work.

186

Inside her card she had me write, “Sister Price, I love you. I love Nursery. I love you again. Liberty” – I thanked Don the other day, yet again, for making it possible for me to stay home so I can have these precious moments. Who would of thought that a morning of glue, paper, and my 3 year old could bring me such…joy.

We ended our creative mess by bundling up and heading out to deliver her card. I love that tonight when we are placing our papers in the star that she will experience the satisfaction of having done something difficult for her but meaningful.

No comments: