Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sooooo Good…

I own that I have a VERY picky-eating family. I love to cook  and try new things which is a little hard on them (Who knows what mom came up with tonight?!) - and me, as  find myself losing “Cooking Enthusiasm” when I have to make the same thing over and over. So I compromise, lots of old favorites with the occasional new mingled in. Every now and then I hit on a recipe that my picky-eating family likes and I get REALLY excited and have to tell the world!!! A couple of Sundays ago, tired of our traditional roast, I tried this:

 

Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish-Chive Sauce, Photo: Grant Cornett; Styling: Philippa Brathwaite

Yummy, Yummy! It was  as quick and easy as a roast, but a nice change. I had corn-on-the-cob and strawberries from our local Food Co-op which went with it great! It is on the rare side if you cook it for the amount of time it suggest so add 10-20 extra minutes if you are a well-done fan. But the girls liked it as is – VERY surprising, as did Don – Yeah!!!!  The laugh of the night was when we pulled out the horseradish sauce and I was shocked when Autumn jumped at the opportunity to try it (she’s my non-tryer)…until Don asked, “Autumn, do you want to try it because it has the word horse in it?” which prompted a sheepish grin from  her – hey, whatever it takes right moms?!

No comments: