Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birds

I've wanted to do a craft day once a month with the girls - a substantial, more than crayons craft - but I couldn't seem to get myself in gear to get it done. An then one day brilliance hit - I have a good friend who majored in science and is smart, smart, smart in all things microscopic. We could exchange kids for an Art Day at my house and a Science Day at hers once a month!!! And sweet friend that she is, she agreed to it! Pretty sad that I couldn't get it done for just my kids but I can with the pressure of providing artsy fun for other children...but if I had been a supermom I would never have had my children expanding their horizons in science under the brilliant tutelage of my friend, so "GO MEDIOCRE ME!!!!"

Painting our birds (love this site)...

This all took maybe 10 minutes of painting, 30 minutes of playing waiting for the paint to dry and 5 more minutes of details...but they love getting together...

The finished project! Pull the string and they flap their wings! I learned a lot from my first Art Day hopefully the next one will be more substantial than 15 minutes...



1 comment:

Wolfe's said...

You are truly amazing! Thanks for this great idea and for teaching my boys!